Friday, April 19, 2013

Transplant 2 Day 24

In October, I went home on Day 24 with engraftment having begun.  But now on Day 24, we still wait.  There is still no movement on the white blood cells.  My hemoglobin did not go up a lot from yesterday's transfusions and I needed platelets again today.  They used a HLA matched donation and my platelets went up to 19, which is a good response!  We'll see what it looks like in the morning.  Bilirubin (liver) counts went back to normal and my creatinine (kidneys) numbers improved today.  I needed magnesium today through IV and they also continued the fluids to flush out my kidneys.

For the rest, it was a quiet day.  Friday afternoons are typically quiet in the hospital.  I got gowned and masked, and Barb and I went for a walk in the hospital.  It's good for my feet and legs to get exercise, and to have a change of scenery.

We hope to visit with all of our children throughout the weekend.  We aren't sure yet of how we will do it, as we need to wait and see what tomorrow holds.  I may need blood and platelet transfusions, which would mean a hospital day, rather than an afternoon pass home.  Even in our planning, we need to take it day by day.

We are thankful for all the different ways people have encouraged us and are especially thankful for all the prayers being offered on our behalf.  We give thanks to God for the body of Christ.

A Spurgeon quote for tonight:  "The shepherd leads the sheep where He pleases, and you can be certain that He will lead them according to His will."  

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me.  Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."  Psalm 23:4

Prayer Requests
1. Give thanks for the many blessings we experience every day again, individually and as a family.
2. Give thanks for the gift of the body of Christ.
3. For a strong engraftment to come soon.
4. For strength of heart and mind, for complete trust in God and His promises, and for His tender mercies for each hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cousin Ron here with Song popping in my head ... Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. We will wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord ...strength will rise... Now another ... Peter and John went to pray, they met a lame man on the way ... walking and leaping and praising God. God our healer, our refuge and high tower of strength...another song ...Thee will I love oh Lord, my might, my rock, my help, my saving power, my God my trust, my shield in fight, my great salvation, my high tower to the Eternal is my prayer, to whom all praise we owe, so shall I by his watchful care safely be guarded from my foes, he sent from heaven and rescued us ...God hears and is not slack concerning God's promises... but when the desire comes it is sweet...Thank you God please continue to bless Richard and his family during this difficult time, help them to continue to praise you, as they wait on you, please direct their paths and provide strength and healing. In Jesus name Amen