Sunday, April 14, 2013

Transplant 2 Day 19

I woke up on this Lord's Day after a good night's rest.  The blood numbers show no engraftment yet, but I did need platelets and blood (as I expected).  The order of the morning was to get breakfast down and have a shower, so that I would be ready for church at 9:30 via telephone.  Blood and platelet transfusions can wait!  Barb arrived, Karen texted a picture of the order of worship from the bulletin so that we could follow along, and we were able to listen to the whole service.

My IV pole was busy all day long after a few quiet days.  I started first with a unit of HLA matched platelets.    I also received a bag of magnesium, two units of blood, saline fluids, and my usual rounds of antibiotics.  At 5:30 this afternoon, my nurse gave me an hour break from the IV so I enjoyed some freedom while I ate supper.  Now, I'm back on again with another round of antibiotics.  They'll leave me hooked up now for the night so that they don't have to wake me when they run the fluids throughout the night.

Today is our grandson, Aaron's, fourth birthday.  While we couldn't be at his birthday party this afternoon, we were able to have a little celebration over skype in the isolation room!  Barb blew up four gloves as balloons and we all sang happy birthday to the excited birthday boy and his family!  David and Bethany, Karen, and Andrea were all able to come visit after church this morning and were able to be part of the skype birthday party.  Later on, we also skyped with Sarah and Jeremy and their boys, and also Barb's parents in Chatham.  We are so thankful for the ability to stay connected in this way!  We also enjoyed a visit from my Dad and sister, Patricia.  They (and my two other sisters) are heading to Holland for a visit tomorrow, so it was very nice to enjoy some conversation and time together before they leave.

From our worship service this morning:
Philippians 4:6-7 (ESV)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God answers prayer and gives good gifts. Trusting and waiting on the Lord can be challenging. Just finished my first half hour speech in a small outreach church service, speaking about prayer a wireless connection to God more advanced a powerful than cell phones. God can even hear our thoughts. Did not use your scripture reference tonight but hope to use it in my next talk, yes I have been invited back. Looking forward to your continued testimony and healing by God's power and grace, in Jesus name thanks for your testimony cousin Ron