Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Transplant 2 Day 22

I was thankful for a good night's rest and good care by the nurses again.  The staff here is excellent.  I've gotten to know some of the nurses better and we have had some very good conversations in the evenings.  They watch us grapple with cancer and yet also find joy in each day, which has started these conversations.  It's good to be encouraged by them also.

This morning, they were not able to give me any good news regarding my blood counts.  White blood cells were at <0.5 (virtual zero), platelets dropped to 11, hemoglobin dropped to 71.  The expectation is that I will need transfusions for blood and platelets tomorrow.  They ran a bunch of fluids in me to keep my kidneys in good shape, so I did have that IV this morning.  Once that was done, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and a free afternoon, and went home.  We had a late lunch and then Clarence and Irene came for coffee, which was very nice.  I'm even writing the blog from home tonight.  I'm heading back to the hospital shortly for my night medications.  I expect a full day of transfusions tomorrow, so it was great to be here this afternoon for a few hours.

Psalm 23:1 - The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.  I have this and therefore, all I need!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Appreciate your example, and honesty. God loves you perfectly and is in control... with love Ron

Anonymous said...

Glad you could enjoy time at home! :)
Deka

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to update us once again. Please know that as we say our bedtime prayers, you and your situation are also placed before the throne of God. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths.

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that we think of you and your family often and continue to pray that God will grant all you need.